Taking innovative and radical approaches to health promotion
Health knows many ways!
Welcome to the homepage of the non-profit Pranado gGmbH. Under the motto "Health knows many ways!" we would like to develop, pioneer, and discover new concepts of preventive health promotion, leaving behind the traditional paths of classical medicine and health education.
Research shows us that learning content that is experienced practically has the best learning effect. Therefore, it is a central concern of ours that emerging topics are not only theoretically thought through, but also practically experienced.
Further central aspects of our work are
- the systemic and holistic view of the human being as a triad of body, psyche and social environment
- the consideration of holistic ways of thinking and patterns of action
- mindfulness and mutual respect as central values
- the teacher as a professional learning and path companion
In this sense I would like to invite you to participate in one of our offers or simply to enter into conversation with us and talk about your concerns.
Your Dr. Björn Pospiech
What we offer
Traditional martial arts
Traditional Taekwon-Do is a Korean martial art with the aim to promote health and personality development. We train without the idea of competition and physical contact, so as not to limit ourselves to individual areas of life.
- Target group: Children/youth (from 7 years), adults and families
- Duration: regular training offer
- Group size: up to 20 people per training session
- Taekwon-Do Center Heidelberg, Zeppelinstr. 189, 69121 Heidelberg
- Uiji-Do Göppingen, Jahnstraße 86, 73037 Göppingen
- Gruppe Ludwigsburg, RKH Klinikum Ludwigsburg - KlinikenPhysio, Posilipostraße 4, 71640 Ludwigsburg
MUDOKIDS - age-appropriate movement promotion
The MUDOKIDS program was developed from the realization that adult martial arts training is unsuitable for children. Children and adolescents learn and move in a completely different way. They need age-appropriate content to ensure healthy physical and mental development. This is taken into account at MUDOKIDS and we work with a specially developed teaching program for each age group.
Target group: 4-6 years old children
Duration: weekly training
Group size: max. 12 children
Location: Taekwon-Do Center Heidelberg
MUDO - Martial arts without pressure to perform
Mudo promotes and improves your mobility and vitality and gently stimulates your heart, breathing and circulation. It actively helps to counteract premature aging and stay fit and healthy for a long time. All exercises are adapted and built up according to your fitness, so that you take care of your joints. Furthermore, it promotes coordination, concentration, self-confidence and the whole body working together. The muscles and balance are strengthened - which also serves as a protection against falls.
- Target group: People who want to move healthily and consciously
- Duration: weekly training
- Group size: max 5 people
- Location: Taekwon-Do Center Heidelberg
- Sessions: Wednesdays (10:00-11:30), Saturdays (09:30-10:30)
DOPDA - Life skills for young people
DOPDA is Korean and means "help/support". With DOPDA, we pursue a holistic concept: participants experience physical and mental strengthening. Challenges become feasible. Fear decreases and self-confidence takes its place. Our secret? Experience-based learning of life skills.
- Target group: Children, teenagers and young adults
- Duration: As an individual course at schools or youth facilities
- Group size: 8-30 people
- Location: upon agreement
- Meeting Times: upon agreement
In our DOPDA.Camp program, we transfer the findings from DOPDA to the area of vacation camps. In addition, we want to use project days at schools to provide a quick and tangible added value for overcoming the pandemic-related problems of children and adolescents. While DOPDA aims to bring about lasting change, which is only possible by working on the topic over a longer period of time (90 minutes a week for half a year), DOPDA.Camp contains elements that work quickly and serve the most urgent needs.
Target group: Committed people who run camps
Duration: according to individual agreement
Group size: from 8 persons
Space for arrival
Our " Space for Arrival" should be open to as many refugee children and young people from Ukraine as possible. The committed volunteers are here to make offerings to ease your transition.
The refugees should thus be strengthened in their self-confidence and self-efficacy and thus receive a balance in everyday life. Through a balanced program of sports, creative, mental-psychological, social-emotional, resource-strengthening and stress-reducing content, health is to be promoted holistically.
Fitness Courses & Personal Training
Our fitness classes and personal training are explicitly designed for younger and older women who want to improve their health, wellness, and fitness. It is a safe place where you will find a like minded community of women. These classes will help you develop lean muscle, improve strength and cardio, increase flexibility, and more. The exercises can be modified to make it work for you.
Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin taking care of others.Target group: Women of all ages
Duration: weekly training
Group size: max. 12 adults
Location: Taekwon-Do Center Heidelberg
Fitness Courses & Personal Training
Unsere Fitnesskurse und das Personal Training richtet sich explizit an jüngere und ältere Mütter, die fit werden möchten.
The way is the goal
One of the most famous wisdoms of the Chinese philosopher Confucius is: "The way is the goal."
For him, the 'way of the noble' includes:
- Right behavior towards other people - it frees from worries.
- Wisdom - it saves from doubts.
- Determination - it overcomes fear.
In this sense, we at Pranado gGmbH would like to help others find and walk their own path to health. We see ourselves as companions on your way to developing your personality and consciousness.
How we work
Our Name & Logo
The name Pranado is composed of the word Prana from Sanskrit and the Korean Do.
- Prana means life energy and breath. In Hinduism it refers to the life force. It is comparable to chi in ancient China, ki in Japan, and Tibetan lung.
- Do is literally translated as 'the way' and in its spiritual dimension stands for the path of life or self-realization.
The logo was created by communication designer Lars Wibranski and symbolizes our idea of health.
- There are many influences that affect our health in a positive sense.
- In Pranado we understand the holistic character of the human being (body + mind + X).
- We would like to support everyone to search and find his own way.
Our work is recognized as charitable within the meaning of Section 5 (1) No. 9 of the German Corporation Tax Act (Körperschaftsteuergesetz) due to the promotion of the charitable, benevolent and ecclesiastical purposes specified in Section 52 of the German Fiscal Code (Abgabenordnung) according to the certificate we received from the Heidelberg 1 tax office (tax number 27/678/53744) dated November 12, 2012. We are entitled to issue donation receipts in accordance with the officially prescribed form (§ 50 para. 1 EStDV) for donations made to us for the realization of these purposes as well as for membership fees.
Since transparency is an important concern for us, you will find information here that complies with the requirements of the Transparent Civil Society Initiative. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Transparency is an important concern for us. The information provided here complies with the requirements of the Transparent Civil Society Initiative. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
1. Name, registered office, address and year of foundation
Neue Stücker 26
Year of foundation: 2011
2. Complete statutes as well as information about the goals of our organization
3. information on tax relief
Our work is recognized as charitable within the meaning of Section 5 (1) No. 9 of the German Corporation Tax Act (Körperschaftsteuergesetz) due to the promotion of the charitable, benevolent and ecclesiastical purposes specified in Section 52 of the German Fiscal Code (Abgabenordnung) according to the certificate we received from the Heidelberg 1 Tax Office (tax number 27/678/53744) dated November 12, 2012. We are entitled to issue donation receipts according to the officially prescribed form (§ 50 Abs. 1 EStDV) for donations made to us for the realization of these purposes as well as for membership fees.
- Download current notice of exemption (dated 29.01.2018).
4. Name and function of key decision-makers
Shareholder/Managing Director: Dr. Björn Pospiech
Since our activities are currently focused mainly on teaching the martial art of Taekwon-Do, the establishment of the advisory board, which is possible according to the statutes, was not carried out. However, this will be considered as our project "DOPDA - Lebenshilfe neu gedacht" progresses.
5. Activity report
- Annual and impact report 2012
- Activity Report 2017
- Since our activities are mainly focused on teaching the martial art of traditional Taekwon-Do and building up the life skills program DOPDA, no other activity reports have been prepared so far. The preparation of such reports would currently take up too much of our managing director's time.
6. personnel structure
In addition to the managing director, there are four trainers who are employed as exercise instructors and receive a small expense allowance.
In the area of martial arts training, there are still 8 trainers working on a voluntary basis.
The bookkeeping and controlling is done by a volunteer financial accountant.
7. information on the origin and use of funds
In the years 2011 to 2016, we received our funds almost entirely from the income of our members. In addition, donations were received to a very small extent.
The collected funds are mostly used for the teaching of the martial art Taekwon-Do (rent of the rooms, incidental expenses, instructor salaries, company car, etc.). In addition, since 2016, there has been support for the development of our project "DOPDA - Lebenshilfe neu gedacht" (essentially travel expenses).
In 2015, we had to move into new training rooms, which led to increased expenses due to renovation costs. In addition, our membership numbers dropped briefly, but this quickly recovered.
- 2011: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2012: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2013: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2014: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2015: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2016: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2017: Balance sheet - income statement
- 2018: Balance sheet - income statement
8. legal relationship with third parties
Pranado gGmbH is not affiliated with any third parties under company law.
9. names of legal entities whose annual payments exceed 10% of the total annual budget.
There are no individual donations that account for more than 10% of the total annual income.
Our course rooms
Taekwon-Do Center: +49 6221 65 69 69
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.